Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Dolls, Desires, and a River



Hey! Remember this?

I've been slowly working through projects and reading books, but haven't felt much like blogging so haven't shared. While I've been away, I completed a baby quilt that is a few months late but my friends will definitely not mind, repaired the seat in our bike trailer for Acorn, finished 2 new paintings, and have been steadily working through all of the categories of stuff in my house Konmari style to pare down to the things that truly bring me joy!

I've also finished a few books, which you can keep up with if you're on goodreads. You can find me here. I'd *highly* recommend Glennon Doyle Melton's first novel Carry on Warrior if you're wanting some woman, mother, wife comradery and musings on life that will hit you right in the feels. My copy is dog eared, underlined, circled and tear stained and I only read it once.

That all cleared up, what am I working on this week?


I'm working on a waldorf doll for Acorn using this amazing tutorial from Faith and String. I've never made any sort of doll before and this has been a super easy tutorial so far. I'm really enjoying the process and the only thing I had to buy was the knit for the skin. So I'm $6 in to this. Not bad!

I'm currently reading two books at once. Danielle LaPorte's Desire Map as recommended to me by several friends (and my therapist two days after I had bought it!) and Cathrine Ryan Hyde's ( of Pay it Forward fame) new novel for a review with TLC Book Tours.

What are you all up to?

1 comment:

  1. hey woman ... I just want to tell you ... Look at all the creative work you are doing?!?! Even the Konmarie clearing stuff is creative work. Love the doll. and I love the synchronicity that your therapist recommended Desire Map after we talked about it on last Monday. ( great therapist!)

    ReplyDelete